7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020
Presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... p=sharing
- Cleanup: Ryan, Brian, Lynette
- Homebrew: Steve brought a Belgian white. Barry brought a cider. Frank brought two ciders. Gregg brought an IPA with toasted coconut and a pale ale.
- Make sure you're not leaving bottles/cans in the church's recycling bins. There's a black tote that can be used for recycling.
- KCBM competition judging takes place this weekend.
- Collab brew day at Servaes Brewing Co. will be Sunday, Feb. 23.
- Tickets for the Kansas Craft Brewers Expo are sold out.
- Members DJ and Sara Albrecht are helping organize a homebrew competition March 28 in Hays.
- The March Hoppy Hour will be at Lawrence Beer Company West.
- Parkville is set for April 25. Sign up to donate a keg or volunteer!
- There will be a spring learn to homebrew day at Cottin's on April 11. Chuck will be brewing. We need more volunteers to stop by and talk with people.
- Our third annual Big Brew Day Brew-Off is coming up! Registration opens March 7. Entries are due April 9. Judging will be Saturday, April 18. Capped at 150 entries. If you're interested in joining the planning committee, talk to Leigh. The special category will be Brew Like It's 1995 in honor of the club's 25th anniversary.
- Dale is organizing a German/Belgian beer tour in 2020 right after Brewfest -- Sept. 28-Oct. 11. Talk to him for more details.
- Clint and Xan's neighbors are taking over hosting Pints for Pets this year! They'll still need keg donations. Save the date for May 30.
- SAVE THE DATE: Brewfest XXV will be Saturday, Sept. 26.
- If you're interested in serving on the committee to plan 25th anniversary events throughout the year, see the forum post at http://lawrencebrewers.org/lbgforum/vie ... f=5&t=4441.
- Members discussed a budget for 25th anniversary events. Barry made a motion to adopt a $300 budget. Brian seconded. Majority voted in favor. Motion passed.
- As part of the 25th anniversary, we want to see your best anniversary T-shirt designs! The winner will get a free shirt and membership. For details on the contest, see the forum post at https://lawrencebrewers.org/lbgforum/vi ... 20&p=29382
- $1,224.16 in checking plus the $4K in reserves.
- So far, 47 paid memberships.
- Membership cards are available for pickup.
- Missing How to Brew
- New books: The New IPA, Session Beers, Modern Cider
- Be thinking of your best beer recipes to include in a club recipe book!
- There's a thread going for 2020 social brew days.
- Parkville signup is live.
- Sign up to help at Cottin's on April 11.
- Leigh led the seminar on BJCP styles and judging.
- Jim led the tasting on four beers brewed by Brick and Jake. They brewed a 10-gallon batch of beer together but used four different yeasts for fermentation.