7 p.m. Thursday, March 12, 2020
Presentation slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d ... p=sharing
- Cleanup: Jake, Steve Fritts, Gregg
- Homebrew: Travis and Micheal brought a smores stout, winter warmer and IPA. Gregg brought an Irish red and English brown. Dale brought a sour brown.
- Make sure you're not leaving bottles/cans in the church's recycling bins.
- Collab brew day at Servaes Brewing Co. went well. The imperial stout will go into a rum barrel for Brewfest!
- Members DJ and Sara Albrecht are helping organize a homebrew competition March 28 in Hays.
- The April Hoppy Hour will be at Leeway Franks.
- Parkville is set for April 25. Sign up to donate a keg or volunteer! We have two keg spots open. Watch for info if there’s a cancelation.
- There will be a spring learn to homebrew day at Cottin's on April 11. Chuck will be brewing. We need more volunteers to stop by and talk with people.
- Our third annual Big Brew Day Brew-Off is coming up! Registration is open! We’re up to 122 entries so far. Entries are due April 9. Judging will be Saturday, April 18. Capped at 150 entries. If you're interested in joining the planning committee, talk to Leigh. The special category will be Brew Like It's 1995 in honor of the club's 25th anniversary.
- There’s a German fest in Topeka in early June. Is anyone interested in brewing? Paul will get more info and bring it to the next meeting.
- Dale has canceled his German/Belgian beer tour this year.
- Clint and Xan's neighbors are taking over hosting Pints for Pets this year! They'll still need keg donations. Save the date for May 30.
- SAVE THE DATE: Brewfest XXV will be Saturday, Sept. 26.
- If you're interested in serving on the committee to plan 25th anniversary events throughout the year, see the forum post at http://lawrencebrewers.org/lbgforum/vie ... f=5&t=4441.
- As part of the 25th anniversary, we wanted to see your best anniversary T-shirt designs! The club reviewed six submitted designs. After two rounds of voting, Design 4, created by Jarrod Lynds, was chosen. Thanks to everyone who entered! Watch for info for when we start the signup for T-shirts!
- $1,224.21 in checking plus the $4K in reserves.
- Membership cards are available for pickup. Pay your dues! Your membership expires this month!
- Missing How to Brew
- New book: The Flavor Bible
- There's a thread going for 2020 social brew days.
- Parkville signup is live.
- Sign up to help at Cottin's on April 11.
- Courtney led the seminar on brewing with adjuncts.
- Jim led the tasting on the next round of the “Finest Five.” It included pale ales.