- When is the church reopening?
- What about outdoor meetings?
When is the church reopening?
We don't have a hard answer for this at this time, but the most recent discussion Jake has had with the Church indicates that the soonest their facilities reopen is October. We're adjusting our rent and contract with them as necessary to reflect the changing situation, they've been great to work with/accommodate as best as they can. Jake goes in depth during our last Virtual Meeting, viewing options are in this thread, I recommend YouTube: June Meeting - Virtual
What about outdoor meetings?
It is a possibility, but not one we've strongly been considering at the moment. We've had a lot of fun and success with our virtual meetings, even incorporating new tech elements such as quiz games. If someone has additional information about our options, feel free to reply/post!
Not an option (but been mentioned)
- Church Parking Lot - With the building closed through at least October, no access to bathrooms/other facilities
- Lawrence Creates Makerspace - No outside guests at this time, so unfortunately that'd mean no bathroom access, even if we were outside
- City Park - Alcohol is allowed in certain parks/city facilities with approved Special Use Permit, unsure of cost
- Clinton Stake Park day use areas - Alcohol permissible by Park Regulations, so BYOB possible, but would require everyone paying daily vehicle permit or holding an annual pass
- Members Yard/Property - If there is someone volunteering their yard, and safe accommodation seems possible, we can consider it
For now, we'll see you at our Virtual July Meeting, Cheers!