Flying Dog Brewery Double Dog Double Pale Ale------Mmm BABY!

Comments on commercial beers, meads, or wines.

Moderator: Officers

Mr. Blues
Homebrewer

Flying Dog Brewery Double Dog Double Pale Ale------Mmm BABY!

#1 Post by Mr. Blues » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:17 pm

OK, for those of you who don't know my tastes I LOVE bitter more than malty more than sweet.

Prefer a brew who's alcohol content is strong enough to defend itself as well.

Love most of the styles Flying Dog Brewery out of Denver has to offer but DAMN!!!!!!!

Was up in Minnesota this last weekend & got reacquainted with all the Schell brewery styles (too many to go into, all ok to good for the style, some very good for the style especially the seasonals, Snow Storm winter, Octoberfest, Maibock & other regular offerings like Caramel Bock) & also loved the Sam Adams Double Bock which was eeeeexxcellent & malty (& remember I don't like malty so that says sumpin'), well-balanced & very drinkable without anything being overpowering at 8.8% but then I spied...................

Flying Dog Double Dog Double Pale Ale

www.flyingdogales.com

Oh, BABY!

Now remember, Flying Dogs' Pale Ale is an american pale ale which means it's already hopped up enough to give you bitter beer face but at $9 for a four pack (12ozers) I was hooked when I read on the label & I quote:

ahem...........

"This double recipe of pale ale has double the hops and double the flavor so your date will look doubly good."

"10.5% alc/vol IBU: 85"

Ya need that repeated???????????????? Oh yeah, I think ya DO!

"10.5% alc/vol IBU: 85"

And the best part of it is I think it's so well balanced it doesn't come across as obviously high alcohol like many barleywines and holiday brews I've had (Hey, I LOVE Free State's barleywine but you can SMELL the alcohol before you take a sip!).

One Double Dog'll do you right, two will ensure you'll feel it in the morning & I'll get back to you on what 3 in an evening will do when I've got a week's vacation in May to recuperate from the Friday before the vacation.

I just know 2 things:

Uno: I'm working on Cork n Barrel to get the distributors to carry Double Dog.

Dos: I've got a new brew in the top whatever-how-many-I'm-up-to-now list & I KNOW what the hell I'm going to try & brew NEXT!!!!!

Mr. Blues
Homebrewer

Just a quick note......

#2 Post by Mr. Blues » Fri May 23, 2008 7:56 pm

.....apparently we can now get Double Dog here in Kansas as I've seen it in stores.

Enjoy responsibly behind locked doors & hidden car keys!