Raffle at the June meeting

Questions, answers, and comments related to brewing.

Moderator: Officers

Jensen
Uberbrewer

Raffle at the June meeting

#1 Post by Jensen » Fri May 30, 2008 12:24 am

At the last meeting we talked about raising money for Seth Wiese to help with his medical bills. Many members have donated already-- with the guild matching their donations.

It was also discussed that we would have a raffle\ auction at the June meeting. We did this a few years ago with great success. What happened was members brought bottles of homebrew, commercial beers, unused supplies\ gadgets, and other beer, and non-beer related ?stuff.? A few of the nicer things were auctioned, and much of the stuff was grouped into different piles, and raffle tickets were sold for each pile. Lots of money was raised and members went home with lots of stuff.

I would like to encourage everyone to bring a trinket or two and a little cash to the June meeting, and hopefully we can have another successful event. Please chime in here to let me know there is still interest in proceeding with this event.

Greenblood
Brewmaster

#2 Post by Greenblood » Fri May 30, 2008 11:48 am

I'll bring the raffle tickets. The club owns a big reel that we use for Renfest.
Cheers!

John Monaghan

"If your feelings were grapes I would crush them. And then, after fermentation, drink them down. And quite possibly later, throw them up again."

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#3 Post by Jensen » Fri May 30, 2008 12:47 pm

That would be great John, are you also going to bring some hot bodies in slinky outfits to go around and sell these tickets like they have at a Ducks Unlimited auction? :duckie:

Greenblood
Brewmaster

#4 Post by Greenblood » Fri May 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Jensen wrote:That would be great John, are you also going to bring some hot bodies in slinky outfits to go around and sell these tickets like they have at a Ducks Unlimited auction? :duckie:

For you Jeff....I will wear a slinky outfit on this hot body and sell tickets any day!
Cheers!

John Monaghan

"If your feelings were grapes I would crush them. And then, after fermentation, drink them down. And quite possibly later, throw them up again."

Melonmon
Craft Brewer

#5 Post by Melonmon » Fri May 30, 2008 3:19 pm

For you Jeff....I will wear a slinky outfit on this hot body and sell tickets any day!
Yowza! I have some 4-inch stiletto heals you can borrow---in red.

I think a raffle is a grand idea. We came away with some good stuff last time.

Ellen J.

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#6 Post by Jensen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:25 pm

Would people mind chiming in here just to say if they will be bringing a trinket of two for the raffle? I'd like to get a sense of how big the raffle is going to be. I will be bringing a few beer gadgets and some assorted commercial beers, and maybe some old playboys if I can find them....

pc
Homebrewer

#7 Post by pc » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:16 pm

Jensen wrote:Would people mind chiming in here just to say if they will be bringing a trinket of two for the raffle? I'd like to get a sense of how big the raffle is going to be. I will be bringing a few beer gadgets and some assorted commercial beers, and maybe some old playboys if I can find them.... .
I've got a bottle of Abyss to donate and maybe some other good stuff, but I can't make the meeting (I'm helping to coach a baseball team). I might be able to make it to Lawrence on Sunday. I'm in De Soto, if anyone could help me out.

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#8 Post by Jensen » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:55 am

Thanks Pete! Could rendezvous on Sunday, or even pick up in Desota if need be. If one of those options work just let me know.

Greenblood
Brewmaster

#9 Post by Greenblood » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 am

I'll have stuffs. Mead, and ABC mostly.
Cheers!

John Monaghan

Rob Martin
Uberbrewer

#10 Post by Rob Martin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:06 am

pc wrote:
I've got a bottle of Abyss to donate and maybe some other good stuff, but I can't make the meeting (I'm helping to coach a baseball team). I might be able to make it to Lawrence on Sunday. I'm in De Soto, if anyone could help me out.
Pete -

I drive by De Soto everyday between 4:15-4:30 on my way home from work if that helps.

Rob Martin

Rob Martin
Uberbrewer

#11 Post by Rob Martin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:24 pm

Jeff - I have some small stuff. Beer bottle labels, Wheat book, etc.

Jensen
Uberbrewer

#12 Post by Jensen » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 pm

All right this is what I like to see! Thanks people.

Please, everyone look around to see if you have anything to donate. Most of the "stuff" is actually little inconsequential stuff by itself, but it will be grouped with other "stuff" to make piles of stuff for different groups to raffle. It doesn't necessarily have to be beer related, sometimes old tools, electronic stuff, software, etc, is often donated. Please scrounge and post. Thanks.

pc
Homebrewer

#13 Post by pc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Jensen wrote:Thanks Pete! Could rendezvous on Sunday, or even pick up in Desota if need be. If one of those options work just let me know.
I'll see if I can get up there Sunday

phil6253
Homebrewer

raffle

#14 Post by phil6253 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:57 pm

I lucked into a nice quanity of 5 gallon pin locks, I'll toss one into the ring to keep the luck alive.

fergmeister
Brewmaster

Stuff

#15 Post by fergmeister » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:48 pm

I can scrounge up some stainless fittings, books, a Phils Filler, and software (Beer Hunter). We'll see what else.
Chuck
Opportunity favors the prepared mind